You undoubtedly know by now that the content you produce is a driving factor in the amount of web traffic that visits your site and the overall success of your business. If you have noticed a decline in your SEO, it is likely an indication that you need to up the ante with your online content. Consider these best practices in improving the quality of your web content.
- Evergreen content. Reusing your best and most relevant content is one of the easiest and most effective ways to optimize your marketing content. When you produce a great infographic or video that reaches your target audience, don’t be afraid to use it again across different platforms throughout your marketing calendar year.
- Don’t get in a rut. It is a great practice to be on the constant lookout for new inspiration for your web content. Many companies get into the routine of posting the same or similar content repeatedly, without trying new ideas and concepts. If you are having trouble, spend some time searching for businesses similar to yours and modeling your new content on the inspiration you get from their sites.
- Try new platforms. To get the most bang for your content buck, be sure to cross-post on multiple channels. You may find that you get better results from platforms you have never used than you do from the ones you are comfortable with. As with so many marketing aspects, it is good to think outside the box and try something new.
- Change it up. Like getting into a rut with tired content and using the same platforms, it is also important to vary the type of content you post. Although you may typically get the best response from your videos or blogs, be sure to hit all areas of engagement. You may find that particular email headlines will grab attention better than others, and different types of content reach a broader audience.
- Testing. The importance of testing is often overlooked in digital marketing. Testing your content results is easy and affordable for any business and can steer your marketing calendar in the right direction.
When you take your content seriously, it has a considerable influence on your reach and your online marketing success. If you need help with content that produces results, reach out to Busy Bee Media at (800) 690-5622.