PPC Ad Creation & Optimization
A critical part of a good ad campaign is good ads to generate user interest. In order to build a good ad, you need to understand your audience, have competitive promotions, and show trust with reviews and or accreditation. However, a good ad is only as good as the optimization efforts to continue to build better and more effective ads. Once you have good-quality ads running, your next step is to ensure those ads continue outperforming the previous periods. Below, we have laid out information that can help you build great ads that generate interest and show you the best ways to optimize these ads to continue to outperform.
Creating Ads That Generate Clicks:
Understand Your Audience:
- Research: Understand the needs and pain points of your potential customers.
- Segmentation: Group your audience based on their requirements, like emergency repairs, installations, or maintenance services.
Crafting the Ad Message:
- Headline: The headline should be attention-grabbing. For example, “Got a Leak? We’ll Fix It Fast!”
- Body Copy: This should highlight benefits. For instance, “Certified professionals are ready 24/7.” or “Immediate Response Plumbers.”
- Call to Action (CTA): Make it clear, like “Call Now for Fast Service,” “Get a Free Estimate,” or “Schedule Service Now”.
- Images: Use high-quality images. Show professionals at work or before-and-after ideas for fixed plumbing issues.
- Branding: Always maintain brand integrity. Include your logo and use consistent colors to enhance brand recognition.
Offer & Promotions:
Consider including a limited-time offer, e.g., “$50 Off Any Plumbing Service” or “$150 Off Trenchless Sewers.”
Testimonials & Trust Badges:
Display customer testimonials or badges from accreditation agencies to build trust.
Make Sure Your Ads Are Converting and Are Placed in the Right Networks:
Channels for Ad Distribution:
Depending on your audience, consider other channels to run your ads on. Advertising on highly used platforms like Facebook and Instagram keeps your brand top of mind in your service areas, but social media marketing can also be a great way to increase new leads.
Make sure you have conversion tracking enabled. Different conversions are used based on your marketing goal. You may track phone calls and email requests if your goal is lead generation. Email collected would be a conversion if you want to build a newsletter. Whatever the campaign’s goal, ensure conversion tracking is set up. This will help you track more efficiently and optimize your ads and landing pages to maximize your success!
Optimizing Ads to Reduce Spend & Increase Conversions:
a. A/B Testing: Create two ad versions with headline, image, or CTA variations—measure which one performs better. The top things to look at to ensure an ad is performing well may be:
- CTR (Click-Through-Rate)
- Conversion Rate
- CPC (Cost Per Click)
- Cost Per Conversion
Once you have that data, make the changes to reduce costs while increasing conversions. Never stop testing. This is a crucial step. People’s views change, and ads can always get better.
b. Feedback: Besides what the data above tells you, gather feedback from customers or team members to understand what resonates with them. We all know how we search and what would get us to click or call. However, if you ask ten people, you’d probably get ten different answers. The more data and information you are armed with. The better your campaigns may perform.
Iteration Based on Results:
See which ads get more clicks, likes, or shares on digital platforms. See if there is a correlation to the higher-performing ads so you can continue building on that success! Adjust based on what you’ve learned. Data is a huge ally here. The more you have, the better your campaigns will run. If a specific CTA or image gets better engagement, use that knowledge for future ads.
Seasonal & Event-based Adjustments:
- Optimize ads based on seasons. For instance, focus on “frozen pipe repair” during winter if you’re in a cold region.
- Run special promotions during holidays or local events.
Consistency Across Platforms:
Ensure your messaging and branding are consistent, whether a print ad, social media post, or email campaign.
Regularly solicit feedback from new customers about where they saw your ad and what made them respond. This information is invaluable. The more data we have here, the stronger the ads you can build, ultimately leading to a more successful campaign.
Remember, the key to successful ad creation and optimization is understanding your audience and being ready to adapt based on results. Your ad should look appealing and resonate with the specific needs of potential customers.